Why Do You Need EV Code Signing? How to Remove Microsoft Smartscreen Warning?
Get EV Code Signing to Remove Microsoft SmartScreen Warnings Instantly
What is the Microsoft SmartScreen Filter?
Microsoft SmartScreen is a security feature offered by the Windows operating system that helps users identify malware and phishing sites, while also providing essential information about the software they’re downloading. Unfortunately, this SmartScreen feature sometimes causes headaches even for genuine, safe developers, which is quite excruciating.
For example, you’ve succeeded at promoting your software and a customer starts downloading your software, but then there’s a sudden pop up warning message, which doesn’t let the user download or install the software.
Microsoft Smart Screen Filtering Practices
Microsoft SmartScreen has a two-step process for checking downloaded software:
- First, it checks the files the user downloads from the web against an existing list of reported malicious software, websites, and programs which are not safe. If the SmartScreen Filters find any match from their list, it will warn the users by blocking it for safety reasons. This is the first step, again after checking it with all its listed files and sites, it will move to the second step, which consists of one more check.
- Second, it will check against a list of popular downloads. If your software file isn’t in that list, then again, the same thing occurs, which is showing a SmartScreen warning message. This makes it very hard for new software developers to get customers to install their software.
How EV Code Signing Certificate Solves the Microsoft SmartScreen Problem
Features & Benefits of EV Code Signing Certificates
1. Instant SmartScreen Reputation
2. Two-Factor Authentication
Unlike standard code signing, where the private key is stored locally, EV Code Signing provides the private key separately stored on a USB device, which is sent through mail once the certificate is purchased. So, whenever you try to sign your software or any other executable file using your EV code signing certificate, you’ll need the private key stored on the physical device – to be that any unauthorized personnel doesn’t get access to export or make fraudulent use of your certificate.
3. HSM (Hardware Security Modules) Supported
5. Affordable & Cost-Effective
Compate Best EV Code Signing Certificates
|Main Features||Comodo EV Code Signing||DigiCert EV Code Signing||Sectigo EV Code Signing|
|Validation Type||Extended Validation||Extended Validation||Extended Validation|
|Multiple year options|
|Verified Publisher||Your Company Name||Your Company Name||Your Company Name|
|Encryption strength||256-Bit SHA-2||256-Bit SHA-2||256-Bit SHA-2|
|Issuance Time||1-5 Days||Instant||1-5 Days|
|Immediate Reputation with Microsoft’s SmartScreen Filter|
|Microsoft Authenticode Signing|
|Android Apps Signing|
|Apple OS X Signing|
|Microsoft Office VBA Signing|
|Adobe Air Signing|
|Microsoft Windows x64 Kernel Mode Signing|
|Windows Phone Apps Signing|
|Qualcomm Brew App Signing|
|Microsoft Office Document Security|